Sunday, January 6, 2008

Let there be lighting!

I did the best I could with the photos I originally took for my Etsy shop, but they weren't too good. For the hats, which make up most of my inventory right now, I didn't have anything to display them on (and I didn't like the way they looked on me) so I did what I always do if I need something I don't have and can't just run out and get... I made one. In this case, I crocheted myself a display head. It worked, but the look left a bit to be desired.

So a few days ago I received a box of heads in the mail... styrofoam heads, that is, the kind you're supposed to use for displays and photos (courtesy of my dad). He also gave me some tips on how to aim the big light he's letting me use, and adjusted the camera settings. I'm absolutely blown away at what a huge difference those changes made! My shots aren't perfect, but I'm quite proud.

My friend Jess also deserves some credit in this, because the card reader he gave me saves me lots of time and batteries in transferring files from the camera to the computer. Thanks, Jess!

Please have a look around my shop at http://jenhintz.etsy.com and let me know what you think of the new photos. I still have a few to replace in coming days, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Wynter said...

I was just checkin out my friend Nycoles blog and saw your smart comment about wal-mart... so I had to look at your blog, and I must say I am in love with your hats!