Monday, April 7, 2008

A New Venture


A while back I tried my hand at dyeing yarn. One skein and I was hooked. So, I ordered more yarn and bought more dye, and now I'm really addicted. I am, however, being at least partially rational and realizing that I have very little time to knit/crochet for myself right now, so I'd better sell this yarn, rather than keep it all. I listed one skein today, and more will be appearing in my shop in coming days, as soon as I get some good pictures taken.


I don't know how well I'm going to do with this. I've got this nagging suspicion that selling hand-dyed yarn on Etsy might be like selling jewelry; there's already a ton of more established, high-volume sellers, so it'll be hard for me to make the necessary splash and be seen. But then that questionably rational portion of my brain pipes up again and tells me that if I make a good effort and the yarns just don't sell, I can just let them quietly expire and put them into my own personal stash!
See? I made professional-type ball bands and everything! If you'd like to look, the listing is at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10809278.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

have faith and give it a try! you have beautiful color choice...